Who are we?
The Company ÉLÉPHANT VERT FRANCE (whose head office is located 5 cours du Danube, 77 700 Serris), in its capacity as data controller, attaches great importance to the protection and respect of your privacy. This Policy aims to inform you, in accordance with Regulation n°2016-679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulation”), of our practices concerning the collection, use and sharing of information that you are led to provide to us through our website www.elephant-vert.com (the « Site »).
The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the categories of personal data we may collect or hold about you, how we use it, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the rights you have over your personal data.
1 – The data we collect
By using the Site, you are led to transmit information to us, some of which are likely to identify you and therefore constitute personal data (hereinafter referred to as “Data”). This is particularly the case when you contact us via the contact form or send us your application.
This information includes the following data:
- Account Data: this is the data you provide when you create an account by filling out the registration form.
- Browsing data: refers to the data we collect when you browse the Site, such as the date and time of the connection and/or browsing, the type of browser, the language of the browser and its IP address.
2 - How do we use the data we collect?
We use the Data we collect to:
|Allow you to manage your Personal Space||Consent|
|To study and analyze your application||Consent|
|To allow you to receive the newsletter||Consent|
|To contact you following a request from you||Consent|
|For statistical purposes||Legitimate interest|
At the time of collection of the Data, you will be informed whether certain Data must be filled in or whether they are optional. The Data identified by an asterisk in the collection form are mandatory. Failure to do so may restrict the execution of your request.
3 - Who are the recipients of the Data we collect and for what reasons do we transmit these data to them?
3.1 – Data processed by ÉLÉPHANT VERT France
The Data collected is intended for us in our capacity as data controller.
|Goals||Department or directorate|
|Manage your Personal Space||Information Systems Department|
|Study and analyze your application||Human Resources|
|Allow you to receive the newsletter||Marketing/Communication Department|
|Get in touch with you||Marketing/Communication Department and
|Statistical purposes||Information Systems and
The Data collected are not communicated to third parties.
3.2 – Data transferred to public authorities and/or bodies
In accordance with the regulations in force, the Data may be transmitted to the competent authorities upon request, and in particular to public bodies, judicial officers, ministerial officers, and bodies responsible for collecting debts, exclusively in order to meet legal obligations, as well as in the case of the search for the authors of offences committed on the Internet.
4 - How long do we keep your Data?
In this respect, the Data used for the study of your application file is kept for the entire period necessary for the study of your application file plus the duration of the legal requirements. It is hereby specified that if you are employed by one of the companies of the ÉLÉPHANT VERT Group at the end of the recruitment process, the Data collected for the purpose of your recruitment will be kept for the duration of your employment plus the period of prescription.
We also inform you that in the event of a negative outcome of an application to which you have applied, unless you give a counter-order, your application file will be kept for 2 years. You may delete your application file at any time, unless there is a legal statute of limitations requiring us to retain your Data.
Also, the Data communicated within the framework of the inscription to the newsletters will be preserved in our mailing list until your unsubscription.
The duration of the conservation of the other communicated Data will not exceed 3 years from your last registered activity on the Site. You may at any time withdraw or modify your consent to our use or disclosure of your Data, or request that we delete it from ÉLÉPHANT VERT France’s files, subject to the restrictions imposed by law and contracts.
Your Data is deleted when the retention periods expire. Nevertheless, your Data may be archived beyond the periods provided for the needs of research, the establishment and prosecution of criminal offences for the sole purpose of making your Data available to the judicial authorities, if necessary.
Archiving means that your Data will no longer be available online, but will be retrieved and stored on a stand-alone, secure medium.
5 - Is your Data transferred, how and where?
Your Data may be communicated to the Human Resources departments of the various companies in the Group responsible for processing your Data for the purposes of studying your application. In this respect, your Data may be transferred from a country located in the European Union to a country located outside the European Union.
When we transfer your Data outside the European Union, we will always do so in a secure and lawful manner:
- Or by transferring the Data to a recipient located in a country that has received an adequacy decision from the European Commission certifying that it has an adequate level of protection;
- By implementing or enforcing the European Standard Contractual Clauses that have been approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for your Data;
- Or by the use of Binding Internal Company Rules validated by the competent data protection authorities;
- Or by using all appropriate safeguards referred to in Article 46 of the Regulation.
You can access all of these documents by contacting us at the address mentioned in article 9 of the present document.
6 - How is your Data protected?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction of your Data. It is important that you maintain the confidentiality of your credentials to prevent unauthorized use of your account.
7 - What are your rights regarding your data?
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, you have a number of rights in relation to your Data, namely:
- A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible manner of how your Data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation that your Data is being processed and, if applicable (ii) access to and a copy of such Data.
- A right of rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate Data concerning you. You also have the right to complete the incomplete Data concerning you, by providing a complementary declaration. If you exercise this right, we undertake to communicate any rectification to all recipients of your Data.
- A right to erasure: In some cases, you have the right to have your Data erased. However, this is not an absolute right and we may for legal or legitimate reasons retain the Data.
- A right to limitation of processing: in certain cases, you have the right to obtain the limitation of processing on your Data.
- A right to Data portability: you have the right to receive your Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, for your personal use or for transmission to a third party of your choice. This right applies only where the processing of your Data is based on your consent, on a contract or where such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Data for processing based on our legitimate interest, a mission of public interest and those for commercial prospecting purposes. This is not an absolute right and we may for legal or legitimate reasons refuse your request to object.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time: you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data where the processing is based on your consent. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent carried out prior to such withdrawal.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: you have the right to contact your data protection authority to complain about our personal data protection practices.
- The right to direct what happens to your Data after your death: you have the right to direct us as to how your Data will be used after your death.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us at the email or postal address indicated in article 9. Please note that we may require proof of your identity to exercise these rights.
We may change this Policy from time to time, in particular to comply with any regulatory, legal, editorial or technical developments. When we do so, we will change the “last updated” date and indicate the date the changes were made. When necessary, we will inform you and/or seek your consent. You should check this page periodically for any changes or updates to our Policy.
9 – Contact
If you have any questions about this Policy or if you have any requests regarding your Data, you can contact us by :
- By sending an email to: email@example.com; or
- By sending a letter to the following address Elephant Vert France -RGPD – 5 cours du Danube, 77700 Serris, France.
If you believe, after having contacted us, that your ” Data Protection and Privacy Act ” rights are not respected, you can address a complaint to the CNIL.
10 - Applicable law and jurisdiction
Last update: July 20, 2020